Serve – 4
Course – Dessert
500 g – fruitcake mix
2 extra large eggs, whipped
1 cup – water
250 g – Butter
1 tsp – bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp – smooth Apricot jam
2 cups – flour
2 tbsp – mixed spice
1 tsp – baking powder
1 pinch salt
How to Make Fruit Cake with Apricot Jam?
- Preheat the oven to 140°C and prepare a 21 cm cake tin.
- Take the fruitcake mix, sugar, water, and butter to the boil.
- Pour soda bicarbonate and apricot jam. Let it cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 2 hours or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Wrap in foil and store in an airtight container.